Counsellors and Teachers
We offer the best of both worlds.
Our students enjoy all the perks of an intimate learning environment, plus all the services and amenities of a big university campus.
We know you care about your students and we are committed to supporting them when they transition to our community at Corpus Christi College. Read our dedicated Counsellor Handbook for FAQs, admission requirements, transfer info and much more about Corpus Christi College.
If you can't find the information you need or have a quick question, our Admissions Counsellors welcome your email.
mailContact an Admissions Counsellor
Get a head start on university!
Corpus Christi College offers the Running Start Program, a concurrent university course enrollment program that enables high school students to take university-level courses while still attending high school. All courses are taught by a university professor on the student’s high school campus (often within the current school schedule or immediately after school).
The courses have been offered in a variety of ways, often following the January provincial exam (offered between February and May). Example at Vancouver College: Honours 11 English leads students into an Accelerated English 12 class, in which the students write the exam in January and then begin University English in February.
insert_drive_fileView Info Sheet
- Notre Dame Regional Secondary: First-Year English and Psychology
- Vancouver College: First-Year Math/Calculus, English, Biology, Physics, History, and Classical Studies
- St. Thomas Aquinas: First-Year English
Gabriel Pillay, Dean of Students, can guide students and teachers through the process of having Running Start courses offered in your highschool.mailTalk with Gabriel
Athletes selected to be part of a UBC Varsity reserve or practice roster (“red shirt”) now have the option of attending Corpus Christi College, located just steps from the UBC Campus.
We support our students with a seamless transition from high school, tangible resources, and skills building:
insert_drive_fileView Info Sheet
- Small classes: Our average class size is approximately 20, and the majority of our classes have fewer than 35 students. This means professors get to know students by name, and are often able to offer one-on-one guidance.
- Academic support: Dedicated study space, peer tutors, and academic skills building offered by our Centre for Academic Development.
- Dedicated advising support and program planning: All of our students are assigned their own academic advisor for individual attention.
- Fair warning: If a student is struggling with a particular class, we have a system in place to provide an early warning that he or she may need more focused support with organization, time management, academic writing, and other academic skills
- Social support: They can also access our Campus Life and Ministry team for personal, spiritual, and social support.
- Flexible admissions and summer programs:We offer year-round admissions and summer classes students can elect to take during summer training camp.
We have a committed Admissions Counsellor and Academic Advisor who are dedicated to guiding student athletes through the application process and success in their courses.mailTalk with an Admissions Counsellor
Arrange a visit to your secondary school
Student Recruitment and Advising staff are available for large or small group presentations and education fairs.
Arrange a Tour
Are you interested in organizing a campus tour with your students?
Arrange a Tour
Preview nights are an opportunity for students to visit Corpus Christi on select evenings through the school year to meet current students and faculty, learn more about the admissions and scholarship process, and take a campus tour. Students will also have the chance to win a $300.00 tuition credit! One winner will be drawn at each event. Light refreshments are served.
Prospective students are invited to shadow a Corpus Christi student for a day.
Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR)
Incoming students and their families meet the Advising team who will provide information and guidance to assist them in making a smooth transition into post-secondary studies.
Information Session For teachers and counsellors
Each year we welcome high school teachers, counsellors, academic advisors, and principals to our campus to update them on what’s new at Corpus Christi.
Get in touch
If you would like to be informed of our next information session or receive more information about our preview nights, student shadowing, or SOAR event, please fill out the following form.
I need information on: