INSPIRE Leadership Certificate Program
Get hands-on training, access key resources, and take an active role in leadership
In 2013, Corpus Christi launched the INSPIRE Leadership Certificate Program, a non-credit program offered to all students at the College. This program has become very popular with students, who learn concrete leadership skills from well-known community leaders. Get hands-on leadership training, access key resources, and take an active role in a leadership activity of your choosing – all in a supportive environment. Learn how to bring out the best in others so you can have a positive impact, become more empowered, and enrich the lives of those around you. Along with hands-on leadership training and access to key resources, students develop a leadership activity of their own choosing.
- Prison Pen Pal Program
To foster a Christian-based fellowship between parishioners and prison inmates
- “Water Walk”
To highlight the lack of access to clean water around the globe
- Evans Lake Retreat
To develop a deeper understanding of the world, our vocation, and the connections necessary to thrive in the academic world
- Pilgrimage to the Abbey in Mission
To take students away from the noise of the regular world so they can better listen to God and their own thoughts
- Yoga Retreat
To teach breathing, meditation and focusing techniques for studying more efficiently, as well as nutrition tips for healthier eating
- Halloween for Hunger
To collect canned food on Halloween night to distribute to the food bank
- Raise for Hope
To raise money to send to the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan
How It Works
The class uses a seminar/workshop format and meets for a minimum of 2 hours a week. The curriculum is delivered using a combination of lectures, discussions, case studies, guest presentations, student presentations, readings, reflection papers, structured small group activities, research, and a service-learning project.
Sign up for Corpus Christi College’s INSPIRE Leadership Course today.
For more info on this program, contact email@example.com
In this specialized course, you will:
- Examine leadership within a personal and professional context.
- Explore leadership qualities and skills and the role leadership plays both locally and globally.
- Explore the connection between leadership and community involvement through concepts of volunteerism, community service, active leadership and social change.
- Formulate, develop and sustain personal leadership skills in two areas beneficial to student success: growth as a student leader and academic success.
Throughout the course, you will be asked to engage in reflective learning:
- Keep a log to help you reflect on your feelings, thoughts, actions, and "lessons learned."
- Experiment with new behaviours and report on their impact on you and others.
- Discuss your experiences with other members of your cohort group.
- Use conceptual resources (theory) to help make sense of your experience.
Service Leadership Opportunity
Put your ideas into practice by creating your own personalized leadership experience – which will benefit both your personal development and the college community.
What You’ll Gain
- Research, reflection and application skills
- Deeper understanding of self and morality/ethics
- Greater capacity to help others, appreciate diversity and have empathy for others' circumstances
- A stronger sense of social responsibility
- Community development experience
- Oral communication skills, including articulating a point of view
- Non-verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving, organization and time management skills
- Ability to develop a mission/vision, and establish goals