Running Start Program
Earn transferable university credits before graduating from high school!
Corpus Christi College offers the Running Start Program, a concurrent university course enrollment program that enables high school students to take university-level courses while still attending high school.
The program is designed to provide post-secondary opportunities for high school students looking for new challenges through enrichment or accelerated programming.
- Opportunity to do advanced coursework and get a head start on post-secondary studies (“running start”)
- Receive university credit prior to high school graduation
- Benefit from a gradual transition to university through early exposure to university-level academic work and through interaction with university-level instructors and students
- High quality instruction - All courses are taught by a university professor
- Flexible delivery - Courses can be delivered at our College or on your high school campus. Class times are within your current school schedule or immediately after school
- Dual credit opportunity - Credits earned can also be used for meeting high school graduation credit requirements (considered a PSI course according to BC Ministry of Education)
CURRENT RUNNING START OFFERINGS:
- First-year English (2 courses)
- First-year Psychology (2 courses)
- First-year Math (2 courses)
- First-year Sociology
Is there another Corpus class that caught your eye? A majority of our courses can be offered as Running Start opportunities. View courses
WHERE HAS RUNNING START BEEN OFFERED?
Notre Dame Regional Secondary: First-Year English and Psychology
Vancouver College: First-Year Math/Calculus, English, Biology, Physics, History, and Classical Studies
St. Thomas Aquinas: First-Year English
Various public schools and districts
Running Start can be delivered in private or public schools throughout the lower mainland.
Running Start Tuition credit
Continue on the path to success by using your Running Start course to access tuition credits for Corpus Christi College.
Students who complete a Running Start course are eligible to receive a tuition credit for the amount of the completed course if they attend Corpus Christi College after high school
Students must fulfill the following requirements:
• Full payment of the Running Start course(s) through their high school
• Successful completion of the Running Start course(s)
• Enrolment in Corpus Christi College as a full-time student for 2 consecutive terms
Students who enroll at Corpus full-time, directly after high school, for a minimum of two full-time consecutive will have the tuition applied to their account on the tuition due date of the second enrolled term.
Full-time is defined as minimum 2 courses per Summer Term and minimum 3 courses per Fall or Winter term.
The tuition credit is also available to students who enrol in undergraduate programs at St. Mark’s College.
Contact [email protected]