Courses for Future Teachers
Thinking of a career in teaching?
Corpus Christi offers plenty of courses designed to meet the requirements of future teachers who want to teach in Catholic schools, other private and independent schools, or public schools. Our courses are particularly designed to lead students into 3rd year at Saint Mark's College, where the BA Theology and Culture (SMCBA) offers huge advantages for students wishing to apply to the UBC Education program. If this sounds like something you're interested, find out how to enrol in these courses, or sample the SMCBA while you're at Corpus Christi!
See our NEW options for 2nd year students!
The Saint Mark's BA program is OPEN to 2nd year students!
Want to sample the SMC BA program to see if it works for you? Do you have room to take extra classes? Fill out your schedule as an SMC BA visiting student – start taking classes at Saint Mark's today!
today to get started!
Dual Enrolment now available!
Did you know that you can dual-register in both CCC and the SMC BA program in your 2nd year?
Saint Mark's program admissions is NOW OPEN
to CURRENT Corpus Christi students. Students can take 3rd year theology, English, and history courses, while simultaneously finishing 2nd year prerequisites.
How You’ll Benefit
Explore our Courses
- Get in-class experience–as early as Year 1–with a school internship at a local school
- Take courses in all kinds of teachable concentrations, from English to Biology and more.
Transfer Option 1
- Transfer directly to Saint Mark's College after completing Year 1 and 2 at Corpus Christi
- Get priority admission to Saint Mark College’s BA in Theology and Culture, designed for future teachers – with concentrations in English, History, and Catholic Studies
- Complete your BA on the same campus as Corpus Christi, just steps from UBC
- Get even more in-class experience with a teaching practicum
- Saint Mark's BA program is endorsed by the UBC Faculty of Education – graduates are eligible to apply to UBC’s Bachelor of Education Program
Transfer Option 2
- Transfer directly into Year 2 or 3 of a Bachelor of Arts or Education Program at a post-secondary institution of your choice
- Apply to a teaching preparation program after you earn your degree
- Get a great foundation for a teaching career in any setting