Academic Resource Centre
Math Placement Test
The Math Placement Test (MPT) is 80 minutes long.
MPT - Rules
- The Math Placement Test is conducted using Canvas.
- All Placement Tests start exactly at the scheduled time. No exceptions, and the door to the test room will be closed for the duration of the test.
- Students who arrive late after the test starts will not be allowed to take the test, and they will be asked to reschedule their next test.
- All students must have already created their CWL and enrolled in the SRC Canvas Course at least 24 hours before their scheduled test time.
- Any student who has not logged in to the SRC Canvas Course at least 24 hours before their scheduled test, and are not able to access Canvas at the start of the test, will be asked to leave the test room and reschedule their next test.
- A full refund will be given via the Reception Office for students who are not able to access Canvas at the start of the test.
- The time limit for this test is 80 minutes (1 hour 20 minutes).
- No calculators are needed to complete the questions.
- So calculators are not allowed for this test.
- No formula sheets will be provided.
- Pen and paper will be provided for calculations.
- Pens and papers will be collected at the end of the exam.
MPT - Marking Rubric (40 Points Total)
- Part 1 = Pre-Calculus Prerequisites - MATH 098/099 = 25 Points
- Part 2 = Differential Calculus Prerequisites - MATH 104/110 = 15 Points
MPT - Prerequisites - Descriptions
- Pre-Calculus Prerequisites - MATH 098/099
- Numbers, Exponents, and Radicals
- Basic Algebra, Variables, and Operations
- Equations and Inequality
- Basic Coordinates and Plane Geometry
- Differential Calculus Prerequisites - MATH 104/110
- Functions and their Graphs
- Linear, Quadratic, Polynomial, Piecewise, Inverse, Rational, Exponential, and Logarithm
- Degree/Radian Measures, Trigonometric Functions and Equations, and Standard Formulas and Identities
MPT - Scoring Table + Course Placements
- 0 (0.00%) to 31 (77.50%) = MATH 099
- 32 (80.00%) to 40 (100%) = MATH 110
Course Placements - Course Descriptions
- MATH 099 - Pre-Calculus II
- MATH 110 - Differential Calculus I
Go back to Placement Tests - Main Page