Academic Resource Centre
Steps and Rules for Placements Tests
Important Rules for Placement Tests - Be Early and Ready
- All Placement Tests start exactly at the scheduled time. No exceptions, and the door to the test room will be closed for the duration of the test.
- Students who arrive after the test starts will not be allowed to take the test, and they will be asked to reschedule their next test.
- All students must have already created their CWL and enrolled in the SRC Canvas Course at least 24 hours before their test.
- Any student who has not logged in to the SRC Canvas Course at least 24 hours before their scheduled test, and are not able to access Canvas at the start of the test, will be asked to leave the test room and reschedule their next test.
- A full refund will be given via the Reception Office at Corpus Christi College for students who arrived late or are not able to access Canvas at the start of the test.
Steps to prepare before the Placement Test
- Apply for admissions at Corpus Christi College and receive an acceptance letter (conditional or unconditional).
- Double check which English and/or Math courses they are eligible to enroll into and which they want to challenge.
- Schedule a Placement Test at least 5 days before their scheduled test.
- Set up your UBC Campus Wide (CWL) Account for enrolling in the SRC Canvas Course for the Placement Test.
- Enroll in the SRC Canvas Course at least 24 hours before their scheduled test.
- Prepare a $50 Placement Test Fee for the scheduled test.
Steps to complete during the Placement Test
- Arrive at the designated test location at least 30 minutes early, having already logged in to the SRC Canvas Course, ready to take the Placement Test.
- Confirm their test schedule and arrive at the designated test location 15 minutes early, having already logged in to the SRC Canvas Course.
- Provide the $50 Placement Test Fee (Cash/Cheque) at the Reception Desk (Main Floor) and keep the receipt.
- Provide a Payment Receipt from the Reception Desk and a piece of Government Issued Identification to the Placement Test Administrator.
- Follow instructions provided by the Placement Test Administrator and complete their Placement Test in the SRC Canvas Course.
Steps to follow after the Placement Test
- Receive a course placement, which may place you higher, at, or below your eligible English/Math course(s)
- Domestic Students - confirm your courses with Enrollment Services, based on your course placement
- International Students - confirm your courses with Continuing Education, based on your course placement
Important Rules for Placement Tests - NO MORE Rewrites as of Jan 6, 2020
- All students are NO LONGER ALLOWED rewrites for their Placement Test 2 weeks after completing their first attempt. No exceptions.
- Students who wish to take our Placement Test a second and final time must book AT LEAST 3 months (12 weeks) after their first attempt. Again, no exceptions.
- After completing the second and final attempt, the previous test score and placement will be replaced by the new results.
Go back to Placement Tests - Main Page