Health and Wellness Resources for Students
Explore resources to help you stay physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy. For up-to-date information on wellness resources, log-in to the Student Resource Centre
Have one-on-one conversations online with Wellness Peers, who are trained students that can help answer your questions on navigating your student experience. Get tips and resources on stress, study tips, or navigating university life.
Nurse on Campus
Registered nurses from UBC Student Health Service can give you personalized tips, resources, and health advice. It's confidential, free and there is no appointment needed.
- Thursday – 10:00am to 12:00pm at Acadia Park Commons Block
- Thursday – 3:00pm to 6:00pm at Orchard Commons (Commons Block)
- Thursday – Dates and Times TBA at UBC Life Building
A free and confidential program to access single-session 24/7/365 mental health support and community referral services via app, phone, and web.
Take an online mental health assessment and access mental health resources for yourself or someone you know.HealthLinkBC
Check physical health symptoms and find resources for public and personal health.HeretoHelp
Learn more about mental health, mental illness, and substance use problems, as well as access quality resources for these topics.
Student Services at Corpus Christi College and UBC
Find and access student wellness resources available at our Colleges, organized by topic.
UBC Student Assistance Program (SAP)
Offered by Aspiria, the UBC Student Assistance Program (SAP) is a free, 24/7 wellness resource for students. Services include personal counselling, life coaching, group programs and more based on your needs.
UBC Counselling Services
- Call toll-free within North America – 1-833-590-1328
- Call toll-free outside North America – 1-604-757-9734
- Visit the Aspiria Website
UBC Counselling Services offers drop-in virtual counselling appointments, wellness advising online appointments, group counselling programs, and more
Thrive (November 1-30)
- Monday – 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Tuesday – 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Wednesday – 8:30am to 6:00pm
- Thursday – 10:00am to 3:30 pm
- Friday – 8:30am to 3:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday – closed
Every November, the UBC community comes together through the Thrive initiative to learn about, talk about, and explore ways to support our mental health.
Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office (SVPRO) is a confidential place for those who have experienced, or been impacted by, any form of sexual or gender-based violence, harassment, or ham, regardless of where or when it took place. Book a consultation or appointment with a Support Specialist, get help in finding a safe place to stay, arrange academic concessions, and more
Urgent Care Centre at UBC Hospital
Crisis Centre BC (24/7)
- Phone: 604-822-7121
- Daily, 8:00am to 10:00pm
If you are in crisis, distress, or having thoughts of suicide, help is available! Crisis Centre BC is here to listen, here to help – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Vancouver General Hospital's Access and Assessment Centre
- Phone: 604-872-3311
- Toll Free: 1-866-661-3311
- 1-800-SUICIDE: 1-800-784-2433
- Mental Health Support: 310-6789
The Access and Assessment Centre (AAC) is here to help you, your family member or your friend during a non-life threatening mental health and/or substance use issue.
- Phone: 604-675-3700
- Daily, 7:30am to 11:00 pm
- Emergency (Fire, ambulance, police): Call 9-1-1
- HealthLinkBC: Call 8-1-1
- 24/7 Help: Call 2-1-1
- Poison Control Centre: 604-682-5050
- Alcohol- and Drug-related: 604-660-9382
- Emergency Care - Vancouver Coastal Health