INSPIRE Leadership Certificate Program
Some were meant to lead. You were meant to inspire.
Inspirational leaders were not just born that way. They benefited from training and opportunities to gain experience.
Corpus Christi College offers the INSPIRE Leadership Certificate Program, a non-credit program available to all students at the College. This program has become very popular with students, who learn concrete leadership skills from well-known community leaders. Get hands-on leadership training, access key resources, and take an active role in a leadership activity of your choosing – all in a supportive environment. Learn how to bring out the best in others so you can have a positive impact, become more empowered, and enrich the lives of those around you.
"We all desire to make change, whether it be in the world or simply in our own lives. This program provides the tools and motivation needed to do both. I first began the course with no concrete ideas about what I wanted to pursue as a career and where, along with how, I could become a bold, impactful leader. Since then, I have been able to recognize what both my personal and career goals are, and in doing so, have been introduced to a number of volunteer and employment opportunities. I highly recommend Corpus Christi’s leadership program to anyone aspiring to make positive change, reach their goals, and become strong leaders in their community."
- Erica Apacible, INSPIRE alumna
How It Works
Using weekly seminars, the program is delivered with a combination of lectures, discussions, case studies, guest presentations, student presentations, readings, reflection papers, structured small group activities, research, and a leadership service project.
Leadership Project Highlights
- Prison Pen Pal program creating vibrant fellowship between volunteer writers and prison inmates
- Mental Health Awareness week supporting jack.org, a national charity training and empowering young leaders to revolutionize mental health
- Refugee Tutoring program connecting university students with local Syrian refugee families for Math, English and technology support
- Community Garden growing food for student events and College outreach initiatives on the Downtown Eastside
- “Water Walk” highlighting the worldwide lack of access to clean water and the experience of women and children who travel hours each day just to get water
What you will gain
- Concrete leadership skills
- Deeper understanding of ethics and strong sense of social responsibility
- Capacity to develop a mission/vision, and establish goals
- Decision-making, conflict-resolution and professional communication abilities
- Unique leadership style discovered through self-assessment tools
- Ability to INSPIRE others when you lead
"I recently received both an offer of employment and an internship opportunity. Both employers showed specific interest in the leadership program, and I have no doubt that it played a key role in my employment. I am truly thankful and excited to have had the opportunity to partake in this program, and would recommend it to all future Corpus Christi students, who like myself, feel the desire to become strong leaders in their communities."
– Gabrielle Mustapich, INSPIRE alumna
Sign up for the INSPIRE Leadership Certificate
Students can register directly through MyLION.
For more info on this program, contact [email protected].