Running Start Program
Earn transferable university credits before graduating from high school!
Corpus Christi College offers the Running Start Program, a concurrent university course enrollment program that enables high school students to take university-level courses while still attending high school.
The program is designed to provide post-secondary opportunities for high school students looking for new challenges through enrichment or accelerated programming.
- Opportunity to do advanced coursework and get a head start on post-secondary studies (“running start”)
- Receive university credit prior to high school graduation
- Benefit from a gradual transition to university through early exposure to university-level academic work and through interaction with university-level instructors and students
- High quality instruction - All courses are taught by a university professor
- Flexible delivery - Courses can be delivered at our College or on your high school campus. Class times are within your current school schedule or immediately after school
- Dual credit opportunity - Credits earned can also be used for meeting high school graduation credit requirements (considered a PSI course according to BC Ministry of Education)
CURRENT RUNNING START OFFERINGS:
- First-year English (2 courses)
- First-year Psychology (2 courses)
- First-year Math (2 courses)
- First-year Sociology
Is there another Corpus class that caught your eye? A majority of our courses can be offered as Running Start opportunities. View courses
WHERE HAS RUNNING START BEEN OFFERED?
Notre Dame Regional Secondary: First-Year English and Psychology
Vancouver College: First-Year Math/Calculus, English, Biology, Physics, History, and Classical Studies
St. Thomas Aquinas: First-Year English
Various public schools and districts
Running Start can be delivered in private or public schools throughout the lower mainland.
Contact [email protected]