Career Opportunities - Staff Openings
St. Mark’s College, an affiliated college of the University of British Columbia (UBC), and Corpus Christi College are conducting an extensive international search for a Principal and President, to take office July 2022, and invite expressions of interest, applications and nominations.
View job posting
The Alumni Relations team manages the network of over 1,000 alumni at St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College. They have responsibilities for keeping graduates engaged with the Colleges in many ways including: updating them on developments at the Colleges, connecting and networking with their peers in Canada and abroad, encouraging the sharing of ideas and discussion with the community, offering meaningful volunteering opportunities and organizing alumni events in Canada and worldwide.
Expectations and responsibilities
View job posting
- Supports the Director of Development and Alumni Relations with planning, designing and implementing programs that are designed to keep alumni engaged with their alma mater. The programs they implement ought to imbue alumni with school spirit, as well as increase the available resources of the school. For example, a program such as an alumnus mentoring program allows alumni mentors the opportunity to become reacquainted with their alma mater and offers current students career guidance, insight and contacts.
- Prioritize workload issues of a cyclical and ad hoc nature and maintain flexibility regarding priorities due to the nature of the office and the need to quickly adjust to changing deadlines and priorities.
- Support the Director in acting as liaison between the Colleges and their respective alumni, utilizing a number of tools and techniques to keep alumni engaged and informed on behalf of their alma mater and the institution as a whole and to also act as a liaison with these constituent groups.
- Prioritize the four core pillars of our Alumni Program: Experiential, Volunteer, Communication and Philanthropic Engagement.
The Coordinator, Finance will report to the Director, Finance and Operations. Primary working relationship include Registrar’s Office, President and Principal’s Office, and the Human Resources Office.
The responsibilities of the Bookkeeper include:
View job posting
- Calculate, prepare and issue documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, accountstatements and other financial statements
- Enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, credit card and bank statements
- Respond to inquiries, maintain good relations with multiple stakeholders and solve problems
- Prepare and post month end journal entries and prepare month end working papers
- Assist with preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements and reports
- Other related accounting duties as assigned from time to time
We encourage prospective employees to submit a cover letter and CV describing the type of work they are seeking to [email protected]
Unsolicited applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, and are kept on file for a period of one year.
Please use the following file nomenclature when submitting your electronic documents:
LastnameFirstnameCoverYYYYMMDD (ie. SmithJoeCover20110112)
LastnameFirstnameCvYYYYMMDD (ie. ex: SmithJoeCv20110112)
St. Mark's College and Corpus Christi College welcome applications from any person with the skills and knowledge to contribute productively to the scholarly life of the Colleges. They especially welcome applications from persons of diverse faiths, visible minority group members, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, and persons with disabilities.
Hiring is in accord with Ex Corde Ecclesiae and the Corpus Christi College Founding Document (viewable below).